Plan Your Visit
Located at 100 N. Hamilton Street on Madison’s Capitol Square, our facility offers three floors of exhibits designed for children up to age 12 and the their families, plus The Roman Candle Sparkler cafe, on-site parking, family bathrooms, and plentiful stroller parking.
Click here for a floor-by-floor tour courtesy of Madison.com.
Hours & Admission
Labor Day to Memorial Day:
9:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. Tuesday-Sunday; closed Mondays
Memorial Day to Labor Day:
9:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. daily
Please note that the Art Studio and Rooftop Ramble close a half-hour before the rest of the museum closes, and that the Log Cabin has special drop-in hours only on certain days. Visit the exhibits guide and our calendar of events for dates and times.
Join us for Twilight Wednesdays on the first Wednesday of the month from 5-8 p.m., when admission is free!
Days when the museum is closed:
- New Year’s Day – January 1
- Winter Maintenance Week – January 7-11, 2013
- Easter – Sunday, March 31, 2013
- Memorial Day – Monday, May 27, 2013
- Independence Day – Wednesday, July 4
- Wonder Ball fundraising gala – Saturday, August 24, 2013
- Labor Day – Monday, September 2, 2013
- Fall Maintenance Week – Tuesday, September 3-Friday, September 6, 2013
- Thanksgiving – Thursday, November 22, 2012
- Christmas Eve – December 24
- Christmas Day – December 25
- $7.95, adults and children
- $6.95, seniors and grandparents
- $1.00, Family Access (per person) for adults and children utilizing most public assistance programs. Learn more
- FREE for members and children under 1 year old.
Directions & Parking
Please note, MCM’s parking decks are closed for construction as of May 21. Car parking is available at the ramp on the corner of North Pinckney and East Dayton streets as well as metered spaces. Get your ramp ticket validated at the museum’s front desk for a discounted museum visitor hourly rate.
We apologize for any inconvenience.
There is ample bike parking at the facility.
MCM is also accessible by city buses — visit Madison Metro for route and fare information.
From out of town and looking for a place to stay? Visit the Greater Madison Convention & Visitors Bureau website here to search for hotels.
The museum partners with the Madison Concourse Hotel & Governor’s Clubon occasional stay-and-play packages. The DoubleTree Hotel Madison is another partner that offers a special package including museum passes, breakfast, and more.
Madison Children’s Museum is a great destination for upcoming field trips, offering fun, engaging educational programs and activities for children through age 12. Our tour programs support the Wisconsin Model Academic Standards, and we are currently accepting group visit requests for the 2012-13 school year.
Click here or call 608.256.6445, ext. 156 to receive our field trip and group visits catalog.
Girl & Boy Scouts programs:
For Girl Scout programs, click here. For Boy Scouts, watch the museum website for more information or call 608.256.6445, ext. 156, to get on the email update list.